Welcome to The Flames of Eden/As Chamas de Eden/Las Llamas de Eden/Les Flammes d'Eden/I Fiamme di Eden.
A curtain raising image that symbolises the flames of Eden? Perhaps. But then, why the flames of Eden? What does it mean? Anything?
Right from the start, I declare that it is a title that I created for a specific purpose 12 or 13 years ago. It has been with me, inside me, ever since.
Now that I want to try to make a blog which is more for words than pictures, it seems appropriate to reanimate my title as a washing line to hang out the freshly laundered words to dry.
For all the good and the bad that it can accomplish, fire always works. It is as potent an element and symbol as any of the others.
Just take a moment and think of how many different ways we can use, for instance, the word flame, for how many purposes. What do you spontaneously associate with it? Positive, or negative?
Associated with Eden, what now?
I should say now that this is not a place only for flames, fire. I think it is more about Eden, pre-Eden and post-Eden than just fire.
However, I start with a question, to which I would sincerely appreciate your answers, your impressions.
Please tell me, What Do You See When You Read The Phrase "The Flames of Eden".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
I love this name, "The Flames of Eden"! It feels like passion, consuming but empowering. Life!
And I am more than happy to welcome my very dear Oliviah as the first visitor to these *flames*. And I like your impresiion too. Thank you for such a sweet, positive start, Oliviah. I hope you are feeling well. I'll be coming over to check you out soon. Peace & goodness!
It's very dramatic. I love the photo. Flames of Eden - is it the destruction of Eden? Then that's negative because Eden was so heavenly. Interesting, I'll be back to see what you've written.
The Flames Of Eden? Eden I equate with Paradise; each man/woman having their own view of what Paradise is to them. When I read it I see the word "THE"...it portrays to me a belonging, as if it were natural for Eden to have flames. Although Flames can be good for heat, for light, and (as Oliviah says) for passion; my FIRST thought was destruction. So "The Flames Of Eden" to me mean "Even Paradise has a darker side". I look forward to reading more of your posts; your "writing" blog has been a long time coming; I'm glad you felt you were ready.
With love and affection
Rx
I wish I had more time to read and answer your questions in depth, but I have only one minute and a line of people behind me to use this pc (i'm working right now :( )
Flame, something that burns inside, could be love, could be anger, could be a word ready to be said...Eden, for me it's peace, accomplished dreams, a place without worries....
I love the title of your blog my friend..I'm sure we'll read interesting things here from a man who has the right word in the right moment.
Love, hugs and kisses.
Ani
I see Eden as paradise, too - so Flames of Eden to me would be a passionate outburst of creative energy, perhaps.
It gives me a positive feeling.
Wow!! The flames of Eden, just so much captured in that title. I once heard it say that we destroy in love too....fire,paradise,warmth,passionashes,
Even brings to mind the peaceful protest,something the fire needs to transform, the ashes that have purpose as well
I ramble lol,.... wonderful title for what will be a thought provoking blog Im sure
Peace
As a child I believed every story of the bible, the stoy of paradise was one of my favourites. Love peace and warmth. I don't have that association when I look at this picture. It is a bit threatening. I like the picture though.
The Flames of Eden sounds like a TV miniseries from the '80's - starring Joan Collins! Said with love, of course! But for you -- it's the passion within you, that drives you, and even forces you to venture forth from Paradise because it's too confining and dull!
A beautiful angel with a woman body and flaming wings. Behind her a red sky plenty of yellow clouds.
Isn't it cool???
:-D
Is this your main blog now?
Ciao
Fab
Without thinking about the meaning of the words, I imagined a group of white horses running away from a forest fire. After "seeing" the image, I gave some thought about its meaning and I guess I see the flames as a bad thing, eden as a forest (a real one, not a pine tree plantation!) and the horses as hope (because I'm an optimist)
Fire is pure and cleansing, I absolutely agree. Eden, for me, is an oxymoron. It's beautiful and lush. However, something sinister lurks in it's perfect veneer. Beauty and innocence is never safe. That bloody snake will strike. And that is what makes Eden, and the world around us, so much more exciting.
Welcome back Icarus. Don't fly too close to the sun.
- The flaming queen of KL
I've let it marinate for 9 or 10 days. I don't think I consciously expected to be given so much to reflect on in repsonse to the title, "The Flames of Eden".
Everybody who has visited this first entry has left a subjective impression and it reminds me of my old work, or rather, the way I went about it. I want to hear people's views, feelings, impressions because I want to know who & how they are. What a great way to extend that into BlogWorld!
As I see it, every view here is valid. While I haven't committed to a positive or negative view of flames or Eden, it is valuable to me to have this feedback which, in general, sees through the words and the conditioned reactions to seeing them joined together.
Together, I feel that we learn that both extremes are possible for both substantives.
This brings to my mind the title of another of my as yet unwritten books "The Both Sides of Everything", but one thing at a time.
You see, I am trying to decide what I want to do, or decide what I can do with this space.
I know very clearly what inspired the title. The world I am existing in is likely to be highly influential in the direction it takes. What flames? What Eden?
Fab, I'm intrigued! I invite you to create the design of what you visualise!
Thank you & please keep an eye open for the flaming queen of KL, another Tiger who knows a thing or two about these matters, I have no doubt at all...
Comme elle est belle aussi cette photo de tour moyen ageuse dans les fumerolles et les lumières.
Elle est incredible.
Post a Comment