Saturday, 9 February 2008

Nightfall These Days

Balmy spring, isn't it?
Or should that be barmy spring?
I saw the first swallows yesterday, earliest I ever remember. Up to 21º/70ºF. There's a stork nesting in the middle of the town. A large white and grey owl has returned, also months early.
So I have some photos of the night falling, looking west - as usual - from the quayside - as usual. My remaining sanctuary.
Sincere thanks to all who expressed support, one way or another, regarding Ana.
This is just to give a belated update on her. She had the test, nothing really serious found. Irritable bowel. A nuisance more than anything. She'll have another test soon. But mostly back to what she would term normal, very thankfully.

Now, Bring on the Night............
 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Audrey said...

beautiful pictures Stewart. Im absolutely delighted to read that Ana's results are positive news though my sympathy is still with her irritable bowel can be very debilitating and of course feeds on stress.. Hopefully this first positive be the first of many to come and Ana will heed the call and pamper herself regardless of situation and be tender with herself as a woman should...

Hope your not working too hard and taking time to celebrate this gift of good news.

Love to you both always xxxxxxxxxAuds

Nikon said...

Hi Stewart, my hardrive died about 10 days ago - I've been back on for about 3 days.
I just caught up with your posts.
I love the photos in the previous post & I'm glad to hear about the test results.
We're having a normal winter here - it's very windy & going to be very cold tonight.
Stay well!!

Mauigirl said...

Lovely pictures as always, Stewart - and am so glad Ana hasn't got anything serious.

Cergie said...

Bonjour Icarus
Le gros sujet en ce moment : le temps qu'il fait !
Aujourd'hui chez nous à Cergy : très beau et froid. Hier: gris venteux et froid
Lorsque l'on recommence avoir du soleil, il est dur de s'en passer de nouveau. Pourtant, j'aime l'hiver mais hier j'en avais assez et j'étais transie !

Les journées rallongent. Bientôt il faudra être dehors tard pour obtenir des images comme celles ci
J'aime particulièrement celle du bas plus proche, graphique architecturée et humaine en même temps

tsduff said...

Hurray for Ana.

Nice evening pictures - but the swallows made my eyes glow. Lovely picture on the wire.

Hope you are well - and yes, it is beginning to be Spring.