Monday, 11 February 2008

Still Looking to Fly

It has to be.
They are that vital to me.
Today, in the midst of the trench warfare that Monday mornings have become and the struggle to repair the damage, today with little success, I watched this cormorant flying upriver.
Half an hour later, ,my first shots of swallows, closer and better than any for a couple of years.

Of course, that camera with the 18x optical zoom would have catured them all better, but no complaints.

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Audrey said...

Dont give up Stewart x

Just loved the pictures of the swallows I look forward to their arrival over here.

Big match in town today Aberdeen vs Bayer Munich the town is as they say buzzing. The home team won over 20years ago, bit of a miracle if they do it again this time round, but hey bits of miracles are better than nothing too.

Much love Auds xxxx

Pat said...

Really nice photos. Love that cormorant! Brought back many memories for me.

Pat

Guelph Daily Photo, My Photos.

Mauigirl said...

Swallows are beautiful, aren't they? We have some that live in the ceiling of the garage of the building I work in. I think they're supposed to be barn swallows, but because of a lack of barns in our area, they have become garage swallows.

Glad to see you back blogging, I hadn't been here in a couple of weeks and was happy to find you posting again.

Cergie said...

Il me semble que nos hirondelles sont différentes. Les tiennes ont un ventre doré
Le rouge-gorge est très présent dans notre jardin en ce moment. Les mésanges (tu te souviens des petits que j'ai photographiés l'année passée ?) sont affairées autour de leur nid.
L'autre jour, j'ai vu la danse des pigeons à Paris. Quelle prétention les mâles ! Et les femelles qui s'y laissent toujours prendre !

Le printemps sera bientôt là pour de bon, et moi tout à l'heure je vais travailler dans le jardin

Bisous, Icarus

AnaGF said...

Yes, spring is coming and everything will get easier now - it's just like that for all living creatures and we're no excption, you'll see...

Icarus said...

So wonderful to have your welcome comments - despite my ongoing, almost total absence from visiting you.
It is lamentable to be so one-sided, but believe me, it is only a reflection of what is happening and not, and the effects on me.

It was great not only to see the cormorant and swallows on consecutive days, but to get those shots. Pat, i must say that the cormorant has given me the most pleasure. It is so hard to get a good shot with my camera, although they are here all winter. This was a first, then. Despite the electric pylon, I like the compostion. It is my current desktop pic. and whenever I turn the pc on, I will just stare at it in flight. What I could do with a real camera and a 300 mm zoom!
Credit to Aberdeen FC, Auds. Shame they didn't win, but my boys are still going strong. Plus, Wembley next Sunday....OH, MY!!!!! I love Spurs. I hate Chelski.
Mimi, "back blogging", hhmm, not exactly. I hope your news about the health worry is now well past.
Cergei, oui, c'est vrai, le ventre dorée. En effet, invraisemblablement, c'est la première fois que je puisse être si proche d'eux içi. Et tu me manques beaucoup, je t'assure. Je m'excuse pour l'absence, mais tu vois, ça ne vas pas du tout maintenant. Gros bisous.
& Pequete, I hope and pray that you are right. How we both could do with a lot of "easier" in VFX! E tu e a família, está tudo à correr bem? Bjs.