Sunday, 12 August 2007

Jorge Palma "Canção de Lisboa" ("Song of Lisbon")

To my eyes so beautiful that the tears are welling up. Movie of Lisbon seen from the south side of the Tejo. You should even be able to recognise some of the place where I have shot 10 million photos.
Wonderful song, Jorge.

6 comments:

Analía said...

Amigo mio, aqui estoy de vuelta, aunque tu sabes que nunca me podria ir de esta bella amistad. Te quiero mucho, siempre te recuerdo y de verdad me haces falta. Me extrañaste? Me necesitas? aqui estoy y siempre estaré
xoxoxo
Ani

RUTH said...

I know that voice now and recognise that bridge! IF I'd been the Euromillions lottery winner (yes there's been a British one)I'm sure I could count on you as my tour guide...... ;o)
Rx

Audrey said...

I see them Stewart :)those places, you brought them to life for many through your pictures and your words, the lives, the loves with warmth and clarity. Allow yourself your tears my friend xxx Auds

Anonymous said...

Olá Icarus!
Jorge Palma para mim é o mais lúcido poeta-músico-cantor que temos em Portugal.
Obrigada por ti e pelo Palma.
Beijinhos azuis

Peaceful/Paisible said...

I've been reading again some of your posts...how could we lift up that huge burden loading your shoulders...is the portuguese soul so full of sadness...listen dear, you live in a wonderful, magic place...you're well alive, not old like you said...you have a gift, not given to anyone, the gift of words and pictures, the gift of sharing...lift up your head!!!smile, laugh, face the present , leave the past bury itself...make a list of all the positive things of your life, then a list of all the negative ones...burn the last one, and bury the ashes in a nice place, under a tree or flowers or in the sea...bury it for good...and pin the positive list on the wall , and read it reread it...
come on dear, you're not alone...visit that wonderful Lisbonne I'll never visit, visit it for us...we're in your pocket...can you feel Ruth, Audrey, Analia , little old Mousie, and other friends? we are very small, won't disturb, show us beautiful things, make us dream...we need it too...
and thanks million times for the music...
take care

Icarus said...

Mousie/Paisible (ce qui certes tu es - une âme qui transmet royalement la paix ainsi que la bonne volonté envers les autres),
that is so beautiful and so touching - Filipa, já leste essas palavras cheias de boa vontade para fazer tudo para me salvar?
One time, long ago, I tired doing that as you suggest. What emerged from my curious way of analysing was a number of identical entries in both columns! The both sides of everything.
And above all, everything about us has a reason,a cause.
Soon, here, it is going to come out, the determinants, including today's brand new, electric realisation. Some things we cannot change and we can't fight against.
I've just come in from photographing for the 1000th time pigeons and swallows. Filipa & Cergie have often remarked on this love affair of mine with birds in flight. Even the root of that is part of it, and is now explainable. Even Icarus! All of those who have tried to point out to me what happened to Icarus. I knew along along what I was doing.
But all this music is very well at home here, isn't it?