These 4 are all about the blending of nature and man-made in an environment.
In the case of the bird, the rock is....man-made!
Please, can anyone identify this bird?
Apart from the enlarging of that image, all of these are unenhanced, no tricks.
I hope you like them. My personal favourite? Can't decide between the flowers in an old 'Siberian' street and the ancient olive tree in front of the 16th-cent. Manueline façade of the Jerónimos Monastery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
Oh MY Stew! These are masterpieces! Where do I start? I love the flowers in the street - and as you know the bird is great caught in landing flight. Love the mossy rock as well - bird a bit blurry even blown up. Could it be a scua? He is big and coarse looking to be just a gull. Tree and big man-made building... I'll take the tree. And finally, a perfect rental LOL Where did you find such a dilapidated dwelling? Your eye for interesting subjects is still sharp as ever. Well done :)
Thanks a lot Terry. Do you really think it is a scua? Tell you what, I'll dig out some more of that series, which should make it clearer.
As for the ocan-front condo, I went to this beach near Lisbon (across our Golden Gate) after the season had ended, just to shoot a whole row of these places. You should see the neighbors! As the whole stretch of coast is protected, only cafes/bars are permitted outside of the town. I think my eye is still that sharp, I just don't have much in front of them!
I'll take the fixer-upper, too.
Just pass a damp cloth over it..........
Hi Stewert, these are fantastic shots and such a variety. That shack is something else. Prime beach front property.
It's the tree for me....as much as I love the flowers, they will have faded and died now...the tree (hopefully) is still living and is the lifeline of the human race..trees create the oxygen we breathe
{{HUGS}}
Rx
Obrigado pela visita.
Saudações de Setúbal.
:)
I would have chosen the flowers in Siberian street but, as i dont like carnations( reds!:) have to opt for that dilapidated house by the beach.I like it!
Dont know about the bird but was that picture taken in Belem near the Tower? I have a similar picture that i took in Belem with a lone seagull on the rock withstanding the strong wind at the time.
Cheers!!:)
That beach shack looks so inviting right at this moment, The bird is magnificent but not too sure about the rock...Wonderful photos and theme.xx Auds
Lorsqu'on les aggrandit tes photos réagissent toutes d'une façon différente. Celle du bas est très petite. Peu de pixels. Et peu de poids sur tes photos sans doute et je ne sais comment dire, mais la qualité à l'aggrandissement s'en ressens c'est dommage
J'aime bien l'olivier qui est net avec l'immeuble flou
Quand à l'oiseau, il est étrange il a des palmes en guise de pieds comme un pingouin par exemple et cependant il vole ! Cette photo là particulièrement ne passe pas bien à l'aggrandissement
Sans doute pour la plupart de tes visiteurs ce n'est pas gtrave, mais pour moi cela l'est et particulièrement si on veut bien identifier cet oiseau....
Ce à quoi je suis désolée je ne suis pas parvenue...
Finally, I have some time to answer again.
Paul, what is fixer-upper??
Sue PWB, you don't want to know! Prime illegal!
Ruth, quite right and they provide a handy utility for any passing dogs.
Maria Elisa, não es ESSA M E, are you? No matter, I'm sure you are a Grande Portuguesa!
Aurinha, you can't live in Portgual & say that about cravos!!! LOL. As for the bird location, it was on a hugely hot day at Parque das Naçoes. That's why the rock is artifical, though I have other shots of seagulls on rocks near Belem.
But what IS this bird? I'm confused, because when I looked at the other 10 or so that I shot, I remembered that there were others that were definitely seagulls. It was so hot that they would stand on that rock with their mouths locked open.
Auds, not it doesn't. Only when the nights are warm, maybe, & alos when you can be sure of no unwanted visitors.
OK chère Cergie, c'est comme ça: la "maison" - vient d'une pellicule digitalisée dans un laboratoire. Ils les font disponibles online à peine en dimensions petites pour des raisons commerciales, en ce qui concernent les impressions, pour éviter que je cherche ailleurs de les faire imprimer.
Quant au oiseau, c'est moi qui l'a coupé tellement pou avoir un encadrement sur l'oiseau. Originellement, elle a été bien plus grande. Je suis d'acord, l'oiseau est vraiment étrange, et je tiens à savoir le genre.
Encore une observation. Pour moi, tu es la photographe du mois. J'en reviens pas. Des photos fabuleuses, toutes! Qu'est-ce que tu as changé pour me donner l'impression d'aborder tes thèmes d'un oeil tout à fait différent? Les mises au point, la taille plus grande, les encadrements. Il me paraît que tu es en train de penser plus profondément ce qui tu voi à travers de l'appareil, c'est ça? Celles avec la poupée et le livre, je n'arrive pas à te décrire mes sentiments, tellement elles m'ont impressionées. Et sans mentionner tes textes. Le blog a été toujours spécial, masi maintenant, tu es en train d'atteindre un niveau bien plus élevé.
Bye bye for now. It's relatively cold here, at last. still in T-shirts just a week ago....:-(
Love them all, Stewart! I too like the shack on the beach. A fixer-upper in U.S. real estate is a house that needs a little TLC (another real estate term meaning "tender loving care").:-)
In other words, it would probably sell cheap since it needs fixing up!
Thanks Mimi, now I get it.
Still, it looks like it needs an army of fixer-uppers. I bet Harrods could supply one!
Oui, j'étais passée et tes compliments m'ont fait chaud au coeur. Je suis contente de ne mettre qu'une photo par message et trois messages par semaine, je me sens mieux j'ai moins "la pression" et je trouve que mes photos sont mieux en valeur. C'est pourquoi toi qui fais de très belles photos tu devrais faire attention à les bien mettre en valeur.
La photo chez moi, elle bouge comme la mer, tu sais? Je voudrais bien m'offrir un nouveau appareil, mais je désiste, faute de sujets. Triste.
Sérieusement, ça se voit chez toi. Je suis plein d'admiration pour toi. Oui tu parais être sur l'éscalier "Up" et ça marche très bien. Et tes récits, comme tes mots pour moi, font beaucoup de bien, je t'assure. Je t'en remercie. Je t'embrasse!
the second and the last picture are great. Great timing on the second one .
Post a Comment