Thursday, 18 October 2007

Terry, Portuguese Autumn Leaves

It would have been 3 posts in one hour, if Blogger hadn't gone on vacation last night.

Terry, I did find these though, back-lit reds in Monserrate Park, Sintra in Nov. 2004. I hope this time it goes up without those damned little red-crossed boxes!

Please don't forget to try & read "Gledwood's Question" and "Rainbow Man" below, if you have enough spare time.

 

 
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

photowannabe said...

Well hello there. Its been a very long time since I looked at your blog. Thank you for your wishes on my 500th post. I have enjoyed most of the time and look forward to a few more posts.
How are you doing? I hope things are going better than when we last wrote. Take care and I will pop in now and then.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi Iwas gone with the wind hahaha!
Nice to see your blog again...

:)I am back from my short trip to South of Italy, thanks for 'not forgetting me' I posted an overview of pictures from my holiday , soon more... Have a great sunday!!!

Greetings JoAnn:)

tsduff said...

Ah - Stewart... *claps hands in delight*! Love the simple contrast of the few red leaves, which say more about fall as they cling to their nearly bare branches, than does an entire blazing ridge of autumn colored trees...

Thank you for giving me a splendid glimpse through a Portuguese eye of the season of Fall. I'm enchanted, and wearing a smile ;)

I shall try to touch base with the readings you have recommended. I could do with something new - I've been in a rut lately. xo

Audrey said...

Fall....My favourite time of year. The colours add such warmth,depth and contrast. The time of slowing down.. letting go, something very spiritual about it for me xx

Icarus said...

Relating to fall, trees and California, I think the two of you are both too far north to be affected by what we are seeing on the TV news this week. I hope so. We've had such terrible forest fires in Portugal in some the recent summers, although very specially intelligent men with boxes of matches usually have something to do with starting them, besides draught, heat & high winds.

tsduff said...

Not too far north - my family is affected. I am always affected by those brush fires, even though I'm not physically in the midst of them, having lived through one traumatic enough to have given me continuing "fire" dreams all my life since. Out of the roughly 16 fires now burning in Southern California, several of them were intentionally set. That just completely confounds me. The loss of life and natural property just scoffed at, sneered at, used and disregarded for some jerk's insane pleasure. I don't understand at all.

Cergie said...

Bonjour Icarus, encore un passage en coup de vent...
J'aime beaucoup ces branches de sapin dont la disposition des feuilles est applatie et non en spirale. Le vrai sapin des Vosges qui sont mes vieilles montagnes d'origine.
Il ne faut pas confondre le sapin et l'épicéa....
Dans les Vosges en automne c'est une splendeur. Car comme sur ta photo se côtoient des feuilles d'arbres caducs (qui jaunissent et tombent à la saison froide) et les aiguilles vertes de sapins persistantes
J'y vois une preuve de la richesse et de la possibilité de cohabitation de personnalités variées

Allez, doux ami, ne te casse donc pas la tête avec les différences guys / gals.
On arrive tout de même tous à cohabiter harmonieusement et le monde est ainsi plus agréable et plus beau....