Monday, 29 October 2007

Thematic?

Work has gone better than expected, I'm indulging. Just fancy posting some shots. I realise I have loads of pix that are actually kind of photo-jokes. Like, remember the man on the beach ducking to avoid the giant seagull? Would post it again, but it's filed in my external hard-disk.
I like this horse and its Guarda Nacional Republicana rider, shot a month ago. I'm right out of the horse's mouth, innit?
Worht clicking on each to get the enormous size. A lot of noise in most of hem, but I like the little details, like the guy reading in the coffee cup, and the man pointing out the obstacle to the marching band.
 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Nikon said...

Great shots! Good to see you having fun with the camera :)
I assume that's a military band, so "that" isn't an obstacle! It's a challenge :)

RUTH said...

They certainly made me smile :o) I had wondered whether you'd follow the theme of Escape..seagulls, bridges, sunsets and those wonderful Estrela garden. Mind you that band in photo 3 had a lucky escape by not stepping in the horse sh*t...LOL
HUGS
Rx

Audrey said...

Really enjoyed these Stewart, its good to indulge now and again..lol and thanks they brought a big smile to my face to.

Really liked the shot of the bull, when I clicked on it, the flies somehow came as a bit of a suprise, why ????

Are you including any of your blues collection? Gulls? I especially remember that little girl with the pigeons too amongst many

Indulge!!xxxx Auds

Icarus said...

That wonderful, poor bull...he died later at the end of the morning's "festivities" before he arrived back in the pens. And a brown bull. Most of them are such primitive hypocrits, represented by the two idiots I "placed" on his back.
Funny about the flies, I was more aware of them around the white horse than the bull.
But Auds, that's a great suggestion, the blue period. Will consider.

Cergie said...

Et ben dis donc un sacré "bêtisier" que tu nous as posté là. Et bien ça fait du bien. Sauf que si j'avais su j'aurais pas cliqué sur le taureau. Berck ! Je n'aime guère les bêtes qui grouillent ! Et quand on pense que nous avons des acariens partout (pas des Icarus), sur la peau, dans les draps... Ca ressemble à des sortes de puces dégueulasses !

Allez, tu m'as mise de bonne humeur et puis je suis contente que ton sens de l'humour soit de retour !

PS : les joueurs de tubas me font particulièremnt plaisir. Un de mes fils joue du tuba...

photowannabe said...

Good stuff. I enjoyed the humor. Glad to hear that work is going well. You seem happier.
Have a wonderful week.

tsduff said...

With the exception of the bull... this post reminds me of the trip I took (and picture) through Italy, and Venice. Bread, cheese, wine/water... fruit of the Gods. Lovely post as usualy Stewart, although I am terribly unhappy to hear of the bulls death. Did you ever read about "Ferdinand the Bull"? I believe he was from Spain.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

hahaha yes funny they are, especially the horse TEETH wow , not to close near the male cow... great shots, please post some more?

perhaps you know the name of the flower on my blog? Post of today November 1,

:)

Audrey said...

I had a feeling that was to be that magnificent creatures fate Stewart...tragic and pointless much like the smiles on the fools on its back.

Makes me think of the words of chief Seattle.

' This we know the earth does not belong to man, man belongs to the earth. All things are connected like the blood that unites us all. Man did not weave the web of life, he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself.'

Buffoon or Buffalo...give me the Buffalo everytime, flies and all..xxxx Auds

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi ........
OOOOOH poor Icarus, poor you!!! sick again ( a cold...)?
Aaw !!!!! when I can I deliver, uum....... a BIG piece of Apple-Hazlenut-tarte for you,
I hope it make you feel better?

And a hugh , get better soon!:)

Bobby D. said...

fun shot, look out for the um, poo poo --that was hilarious. nice catch!